Celebrating… my first blog-o-versary!
My first post was on March 23, 2012. A year ago, I was concerned that I wouldn’t have anything to blog about. Surprisingly, my biggest challenge has been trying to blog less frequently!
What’s worth celebrating? Here are a few milestones from the past year.
- 1 new job at Innovation Network (hence a blog name change)
- 2 podcasts
- 3-hour eStudy about dashboard automation
- 4 conference presentations at EERS and AEA
- 45 Excel tutorials
- 99 blog posts (67 from me on this blog; 8 on other blogs; plus 24 guest posts from 14 different colleagues)
- 1,000+ tweets at @annkemery
- 21,000+ blog views
- 1,000,000+ numbers crunched
- Infinite connections with colleagues in the evaluation blogosphere
What’s to come in the next year?
- More data visualization challenges. The first challenge was overwhelmingly popular. I’ll start with beginner-level challenges and work up to harder ones.
- More Excel tutorials. I may add R tutorials later in the year.
- More hands-on tips about surveys, dashboards, interviews, and focus groups. This bank of focus group questions, these ideas for interactive focus groups, and this comparison between focus group and meeting facilitation are some of the most popular posts. Stay tuned for more like these!
- More posts about potent presentations
- More guest posts
Thanks for reading! I’m glad I started blogging, and my only regret is that I didn’t start sooner. I hope to see many more evaluation blogs emerge over the next year.